TBB BLOG- ARE ESSENTIAL OILS GOOD FOR ACNE?
Can essential oils help people with acne?
If you have acne and are seeking for a natural alternative to over-the-counter and prescription acne treatments, essential oils are a good option.
- Many doctors, herbalists, and tradition medicine practitioners report that essential oils can indeed help treat acne.
- There are research studies that show that essential oils help fight the main bacterias in acne.
- When it comes to essential oils for acne, a small amount goes a long way.
- After washing your hands, dab a tiny drop of the essential oil onto a blemish with a clean finger tip, cotton pad, or Q-tip.
- Do not apply essential oils or other topical products to popped blemishes like acne that has open skin around or under it.
- If you are using other acne treatments (whether over-the-counter or prescription), consult your dermatologist before using essential oils to ensure there are not any interactions.
Zu Y, et al. (2010). Activities of ten essential oils towards propionibacterium acnes and PC-3, A-549 and MCF-7 cancer cells.