TBB BLOG- SAFELY HANDLING ESSENTIAL OILS
There are a few rules for safely handling essential oils:
- Elderly people, women who are pregnant or breastfeeding, and children under the age of 12 should not use essential oils without a doctor's approval include.
- If you have pets, be aware that some essential oils can be toxic to some animals.
- If you take any medications or have any health concerns, such as high blood pressure, low immunity, or epilepsy, you should also see a doctor or dermatologist before using essential oils.
- Essential oils have the potential to irritate skin.
- Do not apply essential oils to broken, inflamed, or irritated skin, and discontinue use if irritation occurs.
- Store large amounts of essential oils in a well ventilated area with a lot of air flow. Their fumes can harm a person if they become too concentrated in a space that does not have airflow.