TBB BLOG- WHERE DO ESSENTIAL OILS COME FROM?
Essential oils have amazing qualities that benefit your skin and hair:
Essential oils are plant compounds extracted from various parts of the plant.
The parts the plants essential oils come from include the following:
How are essential oils made?
Essential oils are typically extracted from the plant using steam. However there are other methods of extraction that include using cold-press machines, as gases.
Interesting facts about essential oils:
- Traditional folk medicine practitioners have used plant extracts like essential oils for a long time.
- Essential oils are also being researched in modern medicine for their potential health advantages.
- For example, one of the key causes of acne is bacteria.
- Essential oils help fight certain strains of bacteria.
- Research also shows that they help in eradicating germs.