TBB BLOG- WHAT IS A BLACKHEAD?
What is a blackhead?
- A blackhead is different from a white head.
- But it ultimately contributes to acne.
- Blackheads form when a clog develops in the opening of a hair follicle on your face.
- Each follicle contains one hair and sebaceous glands that produce your facial skin’s natural oil.
- This oil, called sebum, helps keep your skin soft.
- Blackheads occur when dead skin cells and oils collect in an opening (or pore) on your skin.
- This clogged skin hair follicle is a combination of keratin and oil.
- This combination blocks the follicle in the pore.
- This creates a comedo- an early form of acne.
- When a blackhead is exposed to air and air oxides it has a browning effect that darkens the appearance of the blackhead.
- Check out our skin testimonials and the products our clients use to see what our regimens can do for your blackhead issues.