TBB BLOG- WHAT IS A HAIR FOLLICLE?
Hair follicles can be your best friend or worst enemy depending on how healthy your hair follicles are. The more you understand them the better you can treat and maintain yours for better hair and skin- they affect both.
- Hair follicles are microscopic structures found within the skin.
- Hair follicles are responsible for the growth of all the hair on your face, body, and head. Blocked hair follicles appear as pimple-like bumps under the skin.
- They may be painful and red in color.
- When hair follicles become clogged in sweat and oil gland areas of the body, it can lead to hidradenitis suppurativa, a chronic skin condition.
- Acne inversa is another name for Hidradenitis Suppurativa.
- This condition affects sweaty and skin-folded areas of the body.