TBB BLOG- WHAT IS A WHITEHEAD?
What is a whitehead?
- A whitehead is a type of acne that has not been agitated or inflamed.
- Whiteheads show up on your face when your skin cells, oil, and bacteria combine to create a white tip (the white head).
- A white tip is a mixture of oil and skin.
- A whitehead looks like a small pimple, but the area around it will not be red or black like the head of a pimple or a black head.
- It is important to note that white heads are not exposed to air- they are a covered by skin and oil.