TBB BLOG- WHAT IS A PATCH TEST?
A patch test is an easy way to test your skin to see if it is allergic or unreceptive to substances like essential oils, perfumes, and lotions.
- To do a patch test, you apply a small portion of a lotion, ointment, essential oil, or other substance to a small piece of your skin like your inner arm or leg.
- For example, you can do a patch test on your inner arm.
- Patch tests are also recommended to ensure that the substance you are testing does not cause a rash or other irritation to your skin.
- Wait a few minutes after applying a small amount of the substance to see if there are any reactions.
- Wait for 24 hours and see if there are any reactions on your skin.
- If there are no negative reactions this is a good sign that the substance is safe for you to use on your skin.